This Privacy Statement governs the collection and use of your personal information by the Banking and Financial Services Law Association Ltd, P.O Box 56451, Dominion Road, Auckland 1446, (“BFSLA”, “we”, “us”, or “our”).
What personal information does BFSLA collect?
In general, and depending on the nature of your connection with BFSLA, the type of personal information we collect includes (but is not limited to):
- Identifying information, such as your name, occupation, job title, and employer;
- Contact information, such as your address, telephone number and email address;
- Payment information (if you are paying us for services or attendance at our events) such as credit card details, including number, expiry date;
- Information about your circumstances (if you are applying for a scholarship) such as details of your financial position and personal circumstances.
Purposes of collecting personal information
BFSLA may collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- for your membership of BFSLA or in connection with an inquiry about membership or the activities of the BFSLA;
- for your attendance at an event hosted or sponsored by BFSLA or an inquiry about an event;
- for your participation in the business of the BFSLA, including any committee;
- for an application for the BFSLA scholarship or a submission for the BFSLA research prize;
- to provide you with information about BFSLA and its events and activities;
- as required or permitted by law.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you no longer wish to receive information from BFSLA.
Do we disclose information about you?
BFSLA may disclose your personal information:
- to third parties it engages to help carry out the work of BFSLA, including marketing agencies and IT providers;
- to promote its activities and events;
- in the list of persons who are attending one of BFSLA’s activities or events;
- to participants in payment systems (including payment organisations) and financial institutions;
- to your employer or personal representative;
- to other third parties as required or permitted by law.
BFSLA will hold and process your personal information in Australia, New Zealand or any other country in which a director is usually resident.
Management of personal information
BFSLA will take reasonable steps to ensure personal information is protected against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure and that any person to whom your personal information is disclosed will treat it confidentially.
Where personal information is transferred outside of Australia or New Zealand, we will ensure that the person or agency we disclose it to is subject to comparable privacy laws to Australia and New Zealand or is required to protect the information in a way that, overall, provides comparable safeguards to those under Australia and New Zealand privacy law.
Access, correction, and retention of personal information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold is complete, accurate, and up to date before we use it. However, we require you to keep us informed of any change to the personal information we hold about you. Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like us to update your information.
You are entitled to access the personal information BFSLA holds about you, and request that we amend it if it is incorrect. If we are unwilling to correct any personal information we hold about you, you may request us to attach a statement to your information noting the correction sought.
We will require you to verify your identity before we release any personal information to you.
Questions, complaints, requests, or queries
If you have any questions, requests, or queries about privacy related issues, or wish to complain about the handling of your personal information by us, please contact our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we cannot satisfactorily resolve your concerns about our handling of your personal information, you have the right to make a complaint to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner http://privacy.org.nz/.
BFSLA is not an “APP entity” for the purposes of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). BFSLA is not limited by the collection statement or disclosure statements above.
Last updated: August 2021